CILM Quality commitment and policies
At CILM, we work hard to provide high-quality, reliable test results for all patients. Since 2014 we have implemented the medical laboratories Quality Management System (QMS) ISO 15189:2012, working with the Mérieux Foundation.
We are committed to providing Quality Medical Laboratory services: generating reliable, on-time patient test reports using the appropriate technologies; meeting internal standards thanks to committed and competent staff; and carefully following all laboratory policies and procedures, including the necessary level of documentation. In addition, we seek to provide a safe environment for all staff and patients.
Our policies are designed to ensure:
- Compliance with ISO15189:2012 and ISO15190:2003 standards at all times for HIV Viral Load Testing
- Proper use of standard technology and equipment
- Compliance with statutory services using standard technology
- Staff competency and effective professional services
- Accurate, reliable test results and on-time delivery of reports
- Excellence in medical laboratory services to ensure customer satisfaction
Our activities include:
- Implementation of yearly planning of quality activities
- Audits/assessments by internal organizations(annually) as well as external ones
- Conducting annual risk assessments, customer satisfaction surveys, and management reviews
- Staff competency assessments and training as needed, as well as refresher safety training
- Yearly lab equipment calibration
We also participate in the Annual External Quality Assessment (EQA) program for HIV Viral Load Testing, HBV Viral Load Testing, HCV Viral Load Testing, HBV Serology Testing and HIV Drug Resistant Testing.
We ensure the security of patient information management systems, samples systems, and laboratory entrance systems.